Nandana Private Resort Opens in Bahamas
Nandana, a private resort on the west end of Grand Bahama, is challenging the traditional notion of an exclusive island retreat. Designed in the style of a Thai beach mansion, Nandana (paradise in Sanskrit) comprises more than 18,000 square feet of living space and offers guests the luxe trappings of a five-star hotel with the discerning service and intimate environs of an opulent private home.
At the center of Nandana is the Great Hall – a soaring main house with living and dining areas and a 40-foot-high ceiling. A wall of sliding-glass doors opens to an expansive veranda which leads to a glimmering 120-foot-long infinity pool overlooking the sea. Surrounding the main house are five one-bedroom suites, including two 1,000-square-foot beachfront pavilions, two garden Bangalas (bungalows), and a 2,000-square-foot luxury “safari-style” canopy suite.
Design details include Burmese teak wood floors, and walls of Balinese limestone and Italian marble fittings. More than 300 palm trees and tropical plants surround the property which is set directly on the Atlantic Ocean with spectacular 180-degree views.
A private gated estate, with 24-hour security and comprehensive surveillance systems, Nandana is the ultimate hideaway for today’s global jet set. There is a 5,100-foot landing strip allowing guests to arrive by private jet (only one hour from Miami) and a deep-water canal leading to two sheltered on-site docks able to harbor a pair of 100- foot yachts.
Balancing the discreet nature of the property is the world-class guest service. On-property staff provide the services of an estate manager, concierge, chef, masseuse, personal housekeeper, butler, chauffeur and boat captain. Every detail, from pillow-top beds enshrouded in fine Italian linens to gourmet menus tailor-made to guest preferences, has been designed for a totally relaxing and completely private vacation.
Additional amenities include:
- A 43-foot deep-sea fishing yacht, and luxury 20-foot tender
- Private guided charters for deep-sea fishing and world-class bonefishing
- Custom Land Rover Defender SW SE
- Suzuki all-terrain vehicles and on-property golf carts
- Yamaha Wave Runners
- A 120-foot-long infinity pool overlooking the ocean with separate Jacuzzi
- Fully equipped in-home gym
- In-house spa with private masseuse and custom treatment program
- Teak paneled library and game room
- 400-bottle wine cellar and top shelf bar
- Home-office with global connectivity and high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Flat-screen satellite and cable TV, iPod docking stations, and one-touch electronics control
For more information and to arrange for accommodations, call 212-621-0350 or visit www.nandanaresort.com.